IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT Help Desk Technician provides support and technical assistance to Corporate and off-Site staff who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage Help Desk tickets in a timely manner.
- Respond to employee issues via phone, email, and team’s chat.
- Keep record of problems and their resolution.
- Setup New User/Email accounts in Directory Services & Office 365.
- Configure/Deploy new Hardware to Users. (e.g., Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Mobile Devices, etc.)
- Provide customer assistance as needed.
- Run diagnostics to resolve employee reported issues.
- Escalate issues to the next Tier with next level of difficulty.
- Train other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems.
- Install, make changes, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved.
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve.
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting.
- Attends meetings according to departmental guidelines.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and collaborate with staff at all levels.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other staff, patients, and providers.
- Works to ensure a safe and pleasant environment of care.
- Has the ability to maintain harmonious professional relationship with co-workers between all departments
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Anticipates needs and shows initiative.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting organizational needs.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with minimal notice.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Detail oriented to keep detailed notes on tickets.
- Highly organized to keep Help desk tickets order.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to prioritize and cope with stress in a positive manner.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and achieve results without supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and web-based applications.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Education and Experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation, preferred.
- Associates Degree in similar or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience working in a help desk environment.
- Experience in working with Windows Server, Windows 10 and Office365
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems and mobile devices
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must abide by all HIPAA, Confidentiality & Privacy Laws
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts ilumed’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.